Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My God Dream

I got sober about 4 yrs ago.I turned my life over to Jesus and began my journey of searching for Gods will in my life.I was in a recovery house that was looking doubtful it was gonna stay open,the house was full when I first started in november 04 by janurary 05 it was empty except myself the house director and the pastor they were great help.I hit recovery hard going to meetings often. I started to form a network of friends including people from the next step.my relationship with God got closer and it continues to this day.my God dream didn't happen till spring of 2007 thoughts of a recovery house started to enter my thoughts at random and it was re-occuring and still happens today.I ask God a lot how and can I do this and he assures me daily it' ll come to be.in fall of 2008 God said its time to go to work so I've been connecting with influential people in recovery and in the church for there input,advice,and counsel.God works on his schedule not mine. I wait faithly on him.I would love show anyone struggling with alcohol or drug addiction how the power of Jesus Christ transformed my life into the person I'am today.

3 comments:

Drew said...

Amen! As a former drug addict, I know how important it is to turn your life over to God. Give up a small bit of control to gain conrol. It's the law of exchange.

James D. said...

Dreams are the portal to the soul...

Anonymous said...

Hi. I really enjoy your site and hope you beginning blogging again. It really gives me hope on my journey in recovery. I have 73 days, and I am counting days on my blog, www.countingdays.org. Follow me or just check me out. Or contribute a few words of wisdom on the page on Spiritual Experiences. I’d love to hear your experience with a higher power! Thanks, and keep blogging!
Elizabeth
www.countingdays.org